skip page navigationOregon State University

« | »

Lizeth–Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts

Posted December 1st, 2009 by Allyson

Hello everyone!

I wanted to apologize for not updating my blogs. It has been really hard for me trying to get into the rhythm of school, but I have figured out how to manage my time wisely and balance my school, friends, and family. Well, today I wanted to talk about going home and how it has affected me to not get to go home since I first arrived at OSU.  Today, November 24,2009, is the first day I am going to be home since September 12, 2009. You might not think that is a long time, but the longest amount of time I had spent away from home was two weeks, I have been away from home two months and twelve days and am now starting to feel the effects of being away from my family, friends, and the stability I once had at home. At the same time I now know that I can make it on my own. Independence is a trait everybody has to challenge at some point in their lives and going to a university, community college, trading school, or any other type of commitment that takes you away from where you are comfortable, is a fear a lot of people have. I am happy that I got this opportunity to be away from home and to see how I overcame this challenge and how it built me up and made me become a person. During the time I have been at Corvallis I have learned to be patient, confident, and optimistic when things don’t go my way. You always have to keep on going forward and looking ahead. The past cannot be fixed, but the future can always be molded into your dreams and desires. I wanted to leave all of you a quote to think about over Thanksgiving Break: “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.”- Author Unknown. Have a good Thanksgiving Break, eat a lot of turkey, and spend a lot of time with loved ones.

~Lizeth