skip page navigationOregon State University

« | »

Megan Full–Taste of the Mediterranean

Posted November 16th, 2009 by Allyson

This week on November 18th, UHDS will be hosting Taste of the Mediterranean at Marketplace West.  The event is a celebration of the cuisines and cultures of the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.  It’s a menu as diverse as the area – we’ll have a variety of items from Spain, Greece, France, Italy, Morocco, and the Middle East.

Join us for this cultural celebration on Wednesday, November 18th from 5-8 p.m.  Along with the extensive menu prepared by our talented culinary staff, we will enjoy live flamenco dancing by Portland Flamenco.  Tickets are available in advance at any UHDS dining center for $8 or at the door the evening of the event.  Marketplace West is located on the west end of campus, on Jefferson and 30th Street.

Taste of the Mediterranean Menu

Spain

Calamari Frito

Green Beans in a Coriander Tomato Sauce

Paella (a regional Spanish rice dish cooked in a flat round pan) with chicken, sausage and shrimp

France

Ratatouille (French vegetable stew)

Snapper Provencal

Roasted Fennel with Orange and Kalamata Olives

Grilled Polenta

French Baguette

Italy

Bruschetta (toasted bread rounds) four ways – with tomatoes, garlic and basil, olive tapenade, goat cheese spread or caponata (eggplant salad)

Antipasto (cured meats and assorted cheeses) with marinated olives, pickled carrots, onion, peppers and cauliflower

Margharita Pizza (pizza with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil)

Gnocchi (small dumplings) with basil pesto and Italian sausage

Vegetarian Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Greece

Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)

Baba Ganouj (mashed seasoned eggplant) and Hummus with pita bread

Greek salad with Feta cheese, olives, tomato and cucumber

Moussaka (sautéed eggplant with tomato, peppers and ground beef)

Fried Pumpkin Patties

Middle East

Flatbread

Tabbouleh (bulghar wheat salad with parsley, lemon, garlic and cucumber)

Middle Eastern Lamb Stew

Lebanese Spinach with Carrots

Basmati Rice

Morocco & North Africa

Chicken Tagine and Vegan Tagine (braised slow cooked stew) with olives and preserved lemons

Garlic Shrimp

Moroccan Cauliflower

Toasted Moroccan Cous Cous

Dessert

Baklava (layered phyllo dough with chopped nuts and honey)

Apricot Compote with Pistachio

Cannoli

Sables cookies (French butter cookies)

Fruit Platter with a variety of melon and grapes and dried apricots, dates, currants and figs

3 Responses to “Megan Full–Taste of the Mediterranean”

1. Wally Vagott Says:

The financial instruments floated by these organizations include stocks, shares, bonds, debentures, commercial certificates and several more. The values of these instruments preserve fluctuating from time to time.

2. foods that give you energy Says:

I must express my thanks to this writer just for bailing me out of this type of predicament. After scouting through the search engines and obtaining recommendations which were not productive, I was thinking my entire life was over. Existing devoid of the answers to the problems you have sorted out through your good posting is a critical case, and the ones which may have badly affected my entire career if I hadn’t come across your web page. That training and kindness in handling all the details was useful. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t discovered such a point like this. I can now look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time so much for this high quality and results-oriented help. I won’t think twice to suggest your blog to any person who wants and needs support about this matter.

3. make and email account Says:

It’s going to be ending of mine day, except before finish I
    am reading this fantastic paragraph to improve my know-how.