CS 467 Blog Post #2

I am now on week two of my final quarter here at OSU and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. After graduation, I would to work like for FAANG or Big Tech companies as an engineer. I am currently networking and fishing for opportunities at those companies. I am also updating my resume and plan to go to the OSU career fair at the end of the term.

My team and I are working on a Python implementation of chess using PyGame and Sockets for CS 467. The game will have the following features:

• Start menu where the player chooses single or multiplayer
  • Single player will play against a simple AI
  • Multiplayer will have have people play against each other over socket connections
  • The UI will have a scrollable moves list to the right of the board so players can see all the moves that were made
  • There will be a display for the captured pieces
  • Besides all the visual features, the game will have valid move, check, and checkmate tracking. Most of rules should be implemented.

During this week I have watched a few PyGame tutorials from freeCodeCamp and Tech With Tim. I am reviewing some old code from CS 162 in which I create Kuba for my portfolio project. I am getting ideas how to setup the game engine for this chess implementation. During this time, my study buddy Allie has been keeping me company.