Final Phase of Senior Capstone

As I am in my final phase of Senior Capstone, my team is finalizing our Dating App for Animal Adoption application with some finishing touches. As we haven’t started implementing the new features just yet, I wanted to look back at the stage that got me this far in the class. This class has taught me a lot of new teamwork skills as well as leadership skills. The first two phases of the capstone project had me sharpening up my teamwork skills such as helping others with code errors, compilation errors, or introducing new tasks that hadn’t been thought out when our team submitted the sprint plans. Originally, the first two phases had me implement a search bar and a filter, but I later added a sort functionality to enhance the search process. My contribution has improved my features tremendously and it has made our application feel professional when clients search for animals in the database.

On top of that, the search bar, filter menu, and the sort functionally now work together, and it makes our web application look so easy to use for everyone.
Now that the third phase has started, I am taking on the role of scrum master, which is teaching me some new leadership skills. It is early in the quarter, and I can’t really describe every detail of my new leadership role, but I can safely say that I am learning as I am embracing a new role for this phase. I am looking forward to this last phase of the senior capstone and how our finished product will look like!