Capstone Phase I

I am now over halfway through the fall quarter, and I have learned so much from working with my team. My team is implementing a web application that focuses on finding animals a forever home. In the first couple weeks of the quarter, I spent time researching tools that I believe will benefit everyone in the team as well as getting to know my fellow members. After the early phase of gathering details for the web application, the next phase of the quarter was to determine what the website should look like and what tools we need to utilize in our web page. Honestly, this planning part took the longest because we all had to persevere with communications so that we were all on the same page. Additionally, we had to allocate extra time for meetings so that the document would turn out to be acceptable per the criteria that was required. The number of meetings increased during the planning stage but in the end, it was worth the extra time and effort.

Not only did the planning take the longest, but some of the members, including me, had to postpone some meeting dates because of the workload from other classes. At the beginning of the quarter, everything was going smoothly until halfway through the quarter when assignments started to get more complex and required a lot of time away from this Senior Capstone class. I had to utilize most of my time to focus on the smallsh assignment from my operating system class and other members mentioned that they needed more time for their coding projects when the deadline was approaching soon. They didn’t mention which assignment, but it was probably something that was complicated, and they underestimated the workload similar to what I experienced when starting smallsh. Regardless of taking some time away from the Senior Capstone class, the planning phase of our web application turned out to be exceptional.

I am looking forward to the last phase of the first Senior Capstone class. I am ready for whatever comes to me, and I know my team can overcome the obstacles. I am confident that we all will finish everything on time and get a good grade in our first Senior Capstone class!