Algorithmic Trading

I became very interested in investing when I started working since I was in a Finance-related field and finally had some money to invest. With that said, I ended up making some very bad decisions, like selling Amazon at $1000 (now at $3270) and AMD at $15 (now at $106). These are unfortunately not the only bad calls I made. I also tried my hand at short term investing, and ended up not doing well with that strategy either.

I had always heard of algorithmic trading and wished there was a way for me to get involved so I could take some of the decision making out of my own hands, but at the time I had no experience with programming, so there weren’t too many options available to me. That of course all changed when I started learning how to program. Being able to combine my knowledge of programming with my interest in investing to create potentially profit-generating algorithms is something that I have wanted to do since I started learning programming, so being able to do this while also getting course credit is a dream.

My team had its first meeting a few days ago which went very well and we are meeting with our project sponsor today, so I am very excited to hear more about expectations for the project and to start coding!