MGMT 448 Week 4 – Blog Post: Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

BRAND SUMMARY

My brand is that of a responsive, adaptable, and high-energy professional who can lead through change and challenge. A strategic problem-solver with the ability to act quickly and decisively in high-pressured environments. I am a hands-on leader with extensive experience working across diverse industries and disciplines who is able to keep focused and productive. A professional that does not function well with ambiguity and lack of focus. I expect those around me to take their roles seriously. I enjoy having fun at work and believe you have to help others show their value. I am unique in my philosophy regarding my role. I am not hung up on titles. I am an all-in team player. No job too big or too small to help out with. The title of the chief floor sweeper is fine by me. When my team wins the team wins, but if the team loses, I take sole ownership of the loss.

CREATIVE WANTED AD SITUATION

It is 4:45 PM on Friday afternoon, you are at the airport, a tornado is spotted, and the airport canceled all flights for the night. So much needs to happen. Who do you call? How do you get home? You can send one message. Who do you send the message to? You send the message to me with the statement, Airport Closed, I will take over!

I immediately start making the necessary phone calls. For today, hotel arrangements made, and car service is arranged to take you from the airport to the hotel for the night. Calls are then made to the airlines to reschedule the flights for the following day. Ground transportation is updated with new flight information, and morning transportation is booked to get you back to the airport the following day.

I then move on to your full day of meeting on the following day that needs to be addressed due to the updated travel arrangements. I begin by prioritizing the meetings from highest to lowest importance focusing on external customer meetings. Once meetings are arranged, final travel arrangements are confirmed and ticketed. By the time you are checking in for the night at the hotel, I will have your travel sorted and your calendar updated.

While this is a simplified problem, the incident is based on real situations.

One response to “MGMT 448 Week 4 – Blog Post: Critiquing a Recruitment Ad”

1. Hi Christian. Your brand summary is really well written- one of the best I’ve seen. I’m sure it will catch the attention of any recruiter or hiring manager. As someone who has flown about 2 million miles in my professional career, I got a good laugh from your creative want ad situation. Yes, it’s an all too real situation and anyone who can remain calm, take charge, and can help their employer/manager solve stressful situations like this is truly a valued teammate.