Contacting the Librarians

I choose to play around on the online OSU Reference Library, I figured that since it is on campus and if I needed help further down the road this was going to be my safest bet this week since I currently am still in the beginning research phase of my project.

The first method was the online chat. This was my favorite form of contact, it was easy to use and even with set hours I found time within my week to ask what I needed. The librarian was quick to respond to my first chat call and gave me useful information all within 15 minutes. I liked using an online chat because it allowed me to think thoroughly about my question prior to sending it, which is helpful versus in face where you may have a question but forget or they run out of time to answer you.

The second method I choose was Library DIY, which is pretty much an online tutorial of how to use the OSU library data base. But they also have links on everything from your not sure where to start on a research project to you need help finding scholarly articles. I found this helpful in a simple way. I would not use this if I were actually looking up information about Samantha Cristoforetti but if I were stuck on where to go I think this could be useful. I did not end up using it to help find any new research information but rather just explored.

I chose to not email a librarian for information only because I am usually someone who needs information on the spot and forgets to check my email frequently enough. I would rather walk to the library and ask for help in person then wait for someone who may be as slow at replying to emails as I am.