Blog Post #1

Hello to anybody reading,

My name is Samuel Senar, and I am (prospectively) graduating from Oregon State’s eCampus in June! I’m excited to finally close out this journey, it’s been quite the 2.5 years of learning Computer Science.

Why did I choose to get into Computer Science? The reasons aren’t too interesting, to be honest. I was initially in a Master’s program to become a counselor. However, as I went through the coursework, I felt that it truly was not for me. However, Computer Science had interested me all the way back since high school. I had heard about Oregon State from an older mentor of mine, who also completed this program. I figured I still had an interest in both the subject matter and possible careers, and decided to dive in during the height of the pandemic. I can’t say I regret it either!

I’m pretty excited to be working in a team for this final capstone project. I definitely see myself as a contributor and collaborator for any group setting. I’m not super comfortable taking a leading position, but I will always take as much work as I can for the betterment of a team. I also value hearing everybody’s perspective and would like everyone to feel included or be involved. There haven’t been too many real group projects in this program, so I’m excited to finally sink my teeth into a real development process with other people.

Best of luck to all of us trying to complete this capstone. I hope this proves to be an enlightening process and also helps to refine our skills.