About love I speak ! (1/2)

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. 
But if you love and must needs have desires, 
let these be your desires...

- Jubran Khalil Jubran, (The Prophet)

One of my European friends once disagreed with my belief that I can be in ‘love’ with many dear ones ! ( Disclaimer: I’m not polygamous and do not intend to be.. continue reading before judging) . My friend explained that love is a heavy word in her language. And being in love with everyone is a heavy statement; Love is for the only rare ones who deserve such a highly precious feeling. It’s not to be given to an acquaintance who just smiled at you or acted in kindness with you! I disagree, I’m in love with my friends, in love with those who carry on great virtues in life, in love with those who soften the agony of others. And indeed, in a deep passionate love with those rare significant ones who happen to make my life a blessed journey ! But what is passionate love ?

Love elevates us. Or as my name means in Arabic: Love makes us Sami ! It exalts who we are.

You love .. You no more useful !

A recent study amused me how science might astray from the roots of things. They ‘figured out’ that “being in love makes you a less productive person” . Give it some thought, And stay tuned if you want to know what I really think about such study !

Why Love ?

When love beckons to you follow him, 
Though his ways are hard and steep. 
And when his wings enfold you yield to him, 
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

- Jubran Khalil Jubran,(The Prophet)

The root of love is to help us be selfless .. (sometimes selfish, right ?) .. in order to increase the value of our lives. A man loves a girl to reproduce, to bring joy to his solitude, bring better value to his life and someones life, and to elevate the meaning of our thoughts and actions. These are the roots of what loves really mean.

In love with couple deceased ones !

I’m in love with Marie Curie’s soul and her husband’s great sacrifices and passion to create something new that helped humanity. Marie slowly burned in radiation to bring health to many. From such love, I wake up in mornings excited about the next discovery that might be there for me that could soften someones hurtle, despite how exhausting that discovery would be for me. I’m in love with Steve Job’s assertiveness ( given such assertiveness was respectful and loving to the people he worked with ), such that I would wake up in my mornings remembering his words to stay hungry and foolish thriving to learn something new or design something elegant and meaningful.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy; 
To return home at eventide with gratitude;  

- Jubran Khalil Jubran,(The Prophet)

OK , What about real love?  ‘Love’ with a capital L !

Indeed, my passionate love is given to the significant one ( Vacancy(ies) available, potential applicants will be subject to peer reviewed process)  , who I see an opportunity to drive my intellectual and spiritual growth. It is the intimate binding that makes a lady in my life worth going with her through the good and bad. To conclude the passionate love to the significant one means more than just this state of feeling and being in a cloud away from the universe. This intimate love is a way to connect to the universe ( and sometimes connect to god, if you believe in one) .

Love to connect …… or disconnect ?

We connect with our world when we are in real love, we don’t disconnect. Or at least we shouldn’t.  Surely, we might find our love for someone excited by the natural tendency of creatures to reproduce, yet that’s not enough to drive such love ! But the point is that we love ,and reproduce, to connect with the universe. Even those marriages driven only by the opportunity to get tax breaks are some kind of love that is driven toward a more efficient connectedness with the world. If those couples were in an isolated ,non-taxing, island, they wouldn’t consider such relationship from the first place.

Here is a problem, Scientists just published this article I just referred to and made me a little bit irritated ! And that is what I’ll be writing about tomorrow’s morning.

And when he speaks to you believe in him, 
Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
 For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. 
                   - Jubran Khalil Jubran,(The Prophet)

Until tomorrow comes, stay in love !
Sami

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to About love I speak ! (1/2)

1. تقاسيم says:

I Great and interesting article, and I’m still waiting for the second episode.

Ahmad Quraish
    Abu Rana