Katie’s Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Katie. I am a post-baccalaureate student working on obtaining my second degree in Computer Science. I obtained my first degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology at University of California, San Diego with the intent of applying to Pharmacy school. Though, after working in the pharmacy as a pharmacist technician I realized that it was not something I was passionate about. I remembered I originally wanted to minor in computer science during my bachelors since I was interested in the idea of being able to create things from scratch, but at the time I was unable to because I already was minoring in two other subjects. However, during my gap year I was able to finally take a few computer science classes at a local community college and found that I was much more suited towards this field.

Originally, I was planning on directly getting a masters in computer science with a focus in software engineering, but I am glad that I ended up at OSU’s post-baccalaureate program as throughout the courses, I realized I enjoy web development a lot more. I am currently a TA for CS340, Introduction to Databases, and am hoping to work on a capstone project that will utilize databases and requires web development. I am also interested in learning and working with mobile app development.

Outside of school work, I enjoy painting, playing the bass and video games. I currently live in southern California with my dog, Lacey.

I look forward to working with you all! 🙂

One response to “Katie’s Introduction”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.