Skip navigation

PODelation

Harnessing Technology for Environmental Health Outreach & Engagement

Oh My, Facebook is Taking Over the World!

February 18th, 2009

I will admit it, I’m hooked on Facebook. And finding people that I went to kindergarten with is kind of interesting. And I love seeing pictures of my friend’s kids. And even sometimes I like what someone is thinking and doing that day.

On just a bit more of a serious note, Facebook is a powerful tool. The more people that use it, the more powerful it gets. And many more people are using it. Here is a great article that came out today called, How Facebook is taking over our lives

His ultimate goal is less poetic – and perhaps more ambitious: to turn Facebook into the planet’s standardized communication (and marketing) platform, as ubiquitous and intuitive as the telephone but far more interactive, multidimensional – and indispensable. Your Facebook ID quite simply will be your gateway to the digital world, Zuckerberg predicts. “We think that if you can build one worldwide platform where you can just type in anyone’s name, find the person you’re looking for, and communicate with them,” he told a German audience in January, “that’s a really valuable system to be building.”

I just suggested to a community group that they have a Facebook page to promote their activities and build community. It’s all about building relationships and so many groups are taking advantage of Facebook…. very effectively and successfuly.