Job Application Experiences

I have been working at my current company for 3+ years, so it has been a long time since I applied for a job. However, I recall one job at a medical office that I applied for vividly. I found the organization on LinkedIn and sent a message where I was then forwarded to Indeed (a job search engine) to use. Through this, I applied and attached my resume. I was then sent a message from Indeed asking to forward my resume to the organization’s email. I went through about four more obstacles before I was offered an interview. When I showed up for the interview with a hard copy of my resume in hand, I was required to fill out all the paperwork I had filled out on Linked in, Indeed, and through email.

Some firms have different structures, so I attempted to keep an open mind when entering the interview. To my disappointment, the interview was highly disorganized, and the job expectations were confusing/unclear. The only solid answer I received was the pay, work hours, and secretarial duties. At the end of the discussion, they said they would call. A couple of days later, I was offered the job and politely declined. The firm immediately accepted my decline without asking why. The entire process shaped my decision not to take the job; I had no other job offers when I declined. I did not want to work for a company that could not clearly define who my boss was and their expectations of my position.