An update was released to our development environment on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017. It will be released to production sites on Thursday, June 1st, barring any security/emergency updates. The following updates will be applied:
Major Version Upgrade
Drupal Core Bug Fix/Security Updates
New Modules Added
Contributed Module Updates
Please note that this is a very big and complicated update.
We’ve spent several weeks testing the update package ourselves, on many different sample sites in a separate environment. Now we need the community’s help to find anything that we may have missed while this update is sitting in dev. Please, experiment on your dev sites with adding media into your text editor using the Media browser. Examine the rich text editor and let us know if any images are missing that should be there. In particular, open up a node that has an image embedded in the rich text editor, make a minor change, and then save the node – the embedded image should remain. If it doesn’t, let us know.
We’ve also made a few improvements that we hope you like. The most noticeable is the fact that, now, CKEditor displays the selected theme’s styling inside of the rich text editor as contributors are creating their content.
If you find any issues, or if you want to sing our praises, please let us know via our contact form.
- CKEditor 7.x-1.17
- More than 10 fixes/improvements. Please see project release notes for details.
- Media 7.x-2.3
- Please note that we have went from Media 7.x-2.0-beta1, up through 26 beta and rc versions and 7.x-2.1. While it may not be evident through the UI, there have been many changes to the code. For a full list of all changes done in Media for Drupal 7, please see https://www.drupal.org/project/media/releases?api_version%5B%5D=103.
- Multiple Forms 7.x-1.3
- Elements with name property set in attributes adjusted for multiforms (was missing values on submit)
- Preserve theme-wrappers on forms
- Fixed Simpletest
- Enabled automatic testing on 7.x-1.x branch and commit
- File Entity 7.x-2.0-beta3
- More than 10 items addressed. Please see project’s release notes for details.
- WYSIWYG 7.x-2.4
- More than 50 fixes/improvements, split between a couple of update versions. Please see project release notes on 2.3 and 2.4 for details.
- This module is only required for those sites that are still using TinyMCE. In the upcoming weeks, Web Services will be working with clients to switch their text editors from TinyMCE to CKEditor. We’ll have a more detailed plan released later this week.
OSU Module Updates
- OSU Editor:
- Updates to align with the media/ckeditor updates.
OSU Theme Updates
- OSU Pine
- The following Bootstrap components have been branded and now meet accessibility standards (thanks Michael McDonald)
- Various Table Elements
- For more information on Bootstrap components and how to use them, check out http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/components.html or come to Open Lab.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us though our contact form.