First Blog Post!

I’m Monique and I am majoring in Computer Science major with a minor in Business Administration. I am set to graduate in summer 2024. I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and currently reside in Pittsburgh. In my free time, I love to write, make candles, and bake. Candle-making allows me to play with various fragrances and on top of that, the process is calming to me. With writing, I love to write journals and write short stories whenever I get inspiration. Lastly, baking is fun, and I love to create and try new recipes.

My journey into the world of Computer Science began in 2019. Curiosity about app creation sparked my interest as I contemplated designing my own—especially with a medical focus, given I was a nursing student at the time. I started watching videos teaching mobile app development and discovered coding. I was inspired and loved the problem-solving aspect of programming along with other CS topics. I felt a tug towards a new direction. I decided to make a switch to Computer Science. After extensive research and conversations with alumni, it became clear that OSU was the perfect fit.

Currently, I work in medical processing and insurance. However, post-graduation, my goal is to work in either web development or mobile app development. My favorite courses at OSU have been the ones that allowed me to express my creativity and freedom such as CS290, CS352, CS361, and CS340 to name a few.