Leading from within

When Sneha Sinha accepted an operations management internship at the Target Fulfillment Center in Albany, she expected to shadow her boss for ten weeks. After her first few weeks on the job, however, he was promoted. “I was in a really unique position,” she said. “I got to step into that role and really own […]

March 9, 2020

When Sneha Sinha accepted an operations management internship at the Target Fulfillment Center in Albany, she expected to shadow her boss for ten weeks. After her first few weeks on the job, however, he was promoted.

“I was in a really unique position,” she said. “I got to step into that role and really own it. It was overwhelming at first, leading a team of people of different ages and backgrounds. But I love to get outside of my comfort zone.”

Sinha, a fourth-year industrial engineering major, jumped right into the challenges of an operations manager, working to improve the process of package distribution while making it easier for workers to safely perform their best work.

Continue Reading …

CATEGORIES: Students