Swine, sheep, soybeans, and shoes!!??

imageDay four started with a three hour drive to Triumph processing plant. This was a very eye opening experience and I urge anyone who is interested in the processing of livestock should attended this facility. It was very impressive how they humanely treat their pigs and how efficient their process is.image
After we attended a sheep dairy which was something I’ve never experienced or even heard of before. I was amazed to see how their sheep where milked in a similar fashion as dairy cattle only much smaller. I liked to see their cheese kitchen and appreciated that she allowed us to taste test the variety of cheeses and see their barn where they host different events.

imageNext we toured the Monsanto test plots where three knowledgable men told us about what they where doing out their with the main local crops of soybeans and corn. I appreciated that they where approachable and answered any of our questions on the crops and about what they do.
After these informative tours we wound down with a trip to the St. Joseph boot store where we partook in shopping among their hundreds of different boots. Followed by a new experience of a Cajan food restaurant. The food was good and exciting to try!