Blog 1 – Top Ranking HR Company Practices

Meet 3 of the Top 100 HR Fortune Best Companies to Work For in 2020!

#12/100 The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an American restaurant company and distributor of cheesecakes based in the United States. The company operates 220 full-service restaurants: 206 under The Cheesecake Factory brand, 13 under the Grand Lux Cafe brand, and one under the RockSugar Southeast Asian Kitchen brand.

T-Mobile Review | Pricing, Deals, Network Coverage & Speeds
#42/100 T-Mobile is the brand name used by the mobile communications subsidiaries of the German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom AG. The brand is also active in the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Poland, and the United States.
#100/100 Four Seasons Hotels Limited, trading as Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, is an international luxury hotel and resort company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Four Seasons operates more than 100 hotels and resorts worldwide.

Top 100 Company Practices

The Cheesecake Factory, T-Mobile, and The Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts are 3 of the top 100 ranked companies to work for in 2020. These companies didn’t get here by accident. Through many trials and tribulations aswell. All of these companies do great things, some of these include complimetary stays and free healthy meals at hotels for employees. Companies also include: Medical, dental and vision insurance options to fit your goals and budget, a company match to help you plan for retirement, and even company-paid life insurance and long-term disability, with options for supplemental life, short-term disability and other voluntary plans. These are just some of the many wonderful things these companies due to ensure love and happiness for their employees above all else and why these companies are on the top 100 companies to work for list.

The Kind of Manager I Want to Become

Overall, these 3 companies have 1 true thing in common. No matter what number these companies are on the top 100 list, they all care about their employees. Many companies focus so much on putting the customers, money, power, or fame first they tend to forget about their employees. However, it is quite the opposite for these 3 companies. They all share the common ground on wanting to be the best company for their employees to work for and that is something I would strive for as well. I would want my workplace to be a place filled with fun, love, and laughter. I don’t want my employees thinking they “have to” come to work, but rather they “get to” and are proud of that! I don’t want them to think they are working, but rather that they are doing something they thoroughly love and enjoy. I would sure my employees of amazing benefits, PTO (Paid Time-Off, 401K Match, Vacation Days, ensured FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act), ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), and so much more.

HR Manager Challenges

HR managers face many different challenges from all of the highs to all of the lows. In my eyes, the biggest problem HR managers face is a change in management. Establishing someone as thenew manager comes with many problems. Emotions start to fly from jealousy to resentment. This can cause leadership development issues from the top to the bottom. If the manager isn’t equipped to lead his/her group that right there is a fault as the manager or person in charge should be able to lead their group through thick and thin.

References:

Buckingham, Marcus, and Curt Coffman. First, Break All the Rules: What the World's Greatest Managers Do Differently. Gallup Press, 2016.

The Cheesecake Factory Support Center Apply, https://www.cakecareers.com/support-center.

Ganti, Akhilesh. “Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).” Investopedia, Investopedia, 19 May 2021, https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/esop.asp.

Hackett, Robert. “5 Great Reasons to Work for Four Seasons.” Fortune, Fortune, 1 Feb. 2015, https://fortune.com/2015/02/01/perks-four-seasons/.

“Human Resource Management Challenges.” Villanovau.com, https://www.villanovau.com/resources/hr/human-resource-management-challenges/.

1 comment

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.