Week 7 – IPIP Results and Reactions

In the extraversion dimension I scored and average score. This means that I am not a lonely person but at the same time I don’t go and spark up conversations with everybody I see. In the agreeablness demtion I also scored and average score. Thus meaning i am in the middle for caring for others. I put others first while also protecting myself at the same time. In the conscientiousness dimension I scored in the middle yet again. This meaning I am reliable, organized, and have self control. In the neuroticism dimension I scored on the low end. This means that I can handle stressful situations when most people wouldn’t. In the openness to experience dimension I also scored low. This meaning I like to keep it simple and not get to crazy.

If I was a potential employer looking at these results I would be very happy. This might be a little bias because they are my results be honestly speaking they are good. I would say every category I scored exactly where an exployer would want to hire fi they wanted to hire the safest canidate. Scoring in the middle on the extraversion category is good for a team role but maybe not a very vocal leader. I enjoy talking to people but I do not like bothering people just to talk to them. In the agreeablness category I would be a good hire because I put others first, while also protecting myself. I think this is perfect if an employer was looking at this. In the conscientiousness category I am well organized with self control. I did score lower on the self discipline but still was very high which I think an employer would want.  In the neuorticism I scored on the low end which is very good when looking at potential employees. Being able to handle stressful situations without overeating is very important, expitially in a team environment. The last category is openness to experience, I scored in the low end. This might be hard to judge depending on what type of employee they are looking for. Being on the low end would be a conservative choice for en employee.

2 responses to “Week 7 – IPIP Results and Reactions”

1. Nice post and thank you for sharing! I believe that scoring average is possibly best in most situations. As you noted, the score is not as important as knowing what traits the employer is looking for in their candidates. I believe that these tests are very subjective a d a poor indicator of a candidates true ability to handle a specific position.

2. Nice post and thank you for sharing!

I believe that scoring average is possibly best in most situations. As you noted, the score is not as important as knowing what traits the employer is looking for in their candidates. I believe that these tests are very subjective and a poor indicator of a candidates true ability to handle a specific position.