International Job Offer

If I were just offered an amazing opportunity long term internationally, there are a few things that I would factor into my decision of whether I wanted to pursue this opportunity or not.

The first being the culture of the country. Being that you would be moving to this country long term, it is important to consider the culture of the company and if it aligns with my values and similar beliefs. If I had children, this would also be important to consider the schools and how they would be able to fit in this new country and culture. Another aspect to consider is the cost of living, and how that compares to your compensation package that you are being offered. I would want to consider what type of lifestyle I could live with the package they offered me, and the cost of living. Additionally, the language of the country I would be moving too would be important to me. If I were living somewhere short term, I might be able to make do with not knowing the language to the full extent. But since this would be long term, it would be important to me that I am able to easily learn, or pick up on the language so that I could meet people outside of work and form friendships.

Overall there are many aspects to consider if I were to be moving internationally long term in order to ensure that it is the best decision for myself and my career at the time!