Stress Management and Coping

So between holding a full-time job, part-time school, having a kid, a fresh marriage, and some health complications, it’s fitting that I am in the elevated categories on 2/3 of the surveys. While I thought that I was fairly good at managing the stresses of life, I apparently am not. I took the Take the […]

November 29, 2021

So between holding a full-time job, part-time school, having a kid, a fresh marriage, and some health complications, it’s fitting that I am in the elevated categories on 2/3 of the surveys. While I thought that I was fairly good at managing the stresses of life, I apparently am not.

I took the Take the Life Stress InventoryCoping and Stress Management Skills Test, Type A Personality Survey, and I learned that I am more stressed out than I thought and I do not have good coping mechanisms. I took the stress inventory test and scored 426. After 300 points the chances of a mental breakdown within 2 years is 80%. My score with coping and stress management is 78/100 and got 45/100 on the personality test. While these results are in, I don’t agree with the some of the results. The stress test itself explains how I have problems with impatiences and hostility. I do not agree with that statement because I know that I am not an impatient person nor do I harbor hostile feelings. Some steps I can take to manage stress in my professional career is to keep notes of what happens throughout the day, communicate with my peers and management with what is going on and how I am feeling, and keep work separate from personal life. As far as the physical health aspect of the personality test, exercise and diet could greatly improve my risk to coronary heart disease. My current employer has programs in place to help their employees with managing their stress and mental health. They offer mental health and behavior benefits for all employees and encourage their employees to seek help when feeling stressed about life or work. All great resources that all employees have access too.

CATEGORIES: Uncategorized