Presenting Myself in a Situation Wanted Ad

As a soon-to-be graduate, I have found myself often evaluating what I think I have to offer to potential job opportunities. My dream job would be to work in a marketing-related job for a major sports/outdoors organization, such as the Portland Trail Blazers or Columbia. Some of my strengths that could serve me well in creating a good first impression includes my eagerness to learn, my attention to detail, and written communication. Some of my weaknesses include public speaking, occasionally getting caught up on small details, and my tendency to take on too much responsibility. While I still have several certifications that I want to obtain in the near future, one thing that I think makes me unique is that I am very flexible and am okay with not having a strict schedule. I love to be on my toes, which is another reason why I believe working in the sports industry will be a good fit.

If I was to present myself in a situation wanted ad, the first thing I would focus on is trying my best to express my enthusiasm for the line of work I am advertising for. While my qualifications are important, I also want viewers of the ad to be aware of my excitement and willingness to learn new things to fill in any gaps in my qualifications. Next, I would be sure to list my skills clearly, including both technical and soft skills that seem to be essential in being successful in whatever role I am looking to be hired for. In order to ensure my ad matches with expectations for the role I am interested in, I would be sure to perform research on the job and general industry to get a better idea of what is sought after and write my ad in a way that highlights those specific competencies. By highlighting why I want the job, as well as why I am qualified in a concise statement, it would be my hope that I could spark interest in potential employers.