Writing Exercise #1

The first non-infectious disease that I could think of was Asthma which can be triggered from allergens such as dust mites, pollen and mold. These are especially impactful on infants or young children who are still developing their immune systems. It is not possible to spread asthma to another person because each person’s lungs will react differently to these microbes so you can’t simply pass it to someone else. Another one that I could think of is food poisoning, I have eaten slightly uncooked chicken before and had extremely bad food poisoning where I was constantly throwing up and having diarrhea. This is caused by the bacteria campylobacter and salmonella in your intestines where they can colonize. They make it difficult to digest the food taken and will usually go away after a week without any antibiotics. Since they go into your intestinal tract it is very rare to spread to another person from you, usually they would have to get it from eating something raw or touched with fecal matter unless they directly consume your vomit or saliva.

source (https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/general/index.html)