The Hype

Poster

During Spring term of 2015 I was sent an email from my adviser about an upcoming meeting. Attached to the email was a flyer announcing the opportunity for a 2-credit week-long field trip to the Midwest entitled National Ag Tour 2015.  My first thought after I read the flyer, SIGN ME UP.  I love to travel and I’m an Agricultural Science major so it was the dream combination for me.  I remember during the first meeting Matt asked those of who might be interested in the tour to give him our contact information so he can stay in touch and give us updates and later on, finalize numbers of attendees for the trip.  Pretty much everyone – and by pretty much I mean 99% of everyone– at the meeting gave him their contact information because we were a definite yes for the trip just from looking at the flyer and attending the first meeting. Props Matt. Oh ya…and did I mention that all the students going are girls? I can already tell this trip is going to be one for books.  Memories will be made and knowledge will be gained.

The weeks have flown by since the initial information meetings. As of right now there are exactly 19 days until September 8th, the commencement of the 2015 Midwest Ag Tour. But, who’s counting..? I am excited, to say the least, about this tour.  I am a born and raised Oregonian.  The only agriculture exposure and knowledge I have is Oregon based.  Our brief, but dense visit to the Midwest will help expand my knowledge of agriculture.  I am looking forward to receiving our finalized tour schedule and, of course, I am looking forward to the tour!

Check back for updates throughout the trip!