The resources here are curated in order to provide a more in-depth knowledge of language assessment and testing.
Online Resources in Testing and Assessment
- Language Testing Resources Website — a website maintained by Professor Glen Fulcher that provides a wealth or resources related to language testing. Fulcher mentions that it features “resources on language testing, such as articles, features, videos and audio, [which] are made freely available for language teachers, language testers, and students of language testing, applied linguistics, and languages.”
- International Language Testing Association (ILTA) –ILTA is an international group of language testing and assessment scholars and practitioners whose dedication and work are respected both within and outside the profession, and who together define what it means to be a language tester.
- Program for International Student Assessment (PISA)–a triennial international survey which aims to evaluate education systems worldwide by testing the skills and knowledge of 15-year-old students.
- Midwest Association of Language Testers –The purpose of the Midwest Association of Language Testers (MwALT) is to foster understanding of the principles of language assessment in educational settings in the Midwest.
- Association of Language Testers in Europe –ALTE is an association of language test providers who work together to promote the fair and accurate assessment of linguistic ability across Europe and beyond. They also feature resources on their site that are helpful for designing assessments related to the CEFR.
- Canadian Association of Language Assessment –CALA is a professional and academic association dealing with language assessment in Canada.
- Assessing Writing
- Language Assessment Quarterly
- Language Testing
- Language Testing in Asia
- Papers in Language Testing and Assessment
- Journal of Educational Measurement
- Directions in English Language Teaching and Testing
- The Companion to Language Assessment (4 volume set) — This set includes 140 articles written by 185 authors and is the most comprehensive and authoritative account of the field of language testing and assessment assembled to date.
- Language Testing in Practice: Designing and Developing Useful Language Tests by L. Bachman & A. Palmer
- Fundamental Considerations in Language Testing by L. Bachman
- Criterion-Referenced Language Testing by James D. Brown
- Language Assessment: Principles and Classroom Practices (2nd Edition) by H.D. Brown & P. Abeywickrama
- Measurement and Assessment in Teaching by Miller, Linn & Gronlund