The Interviewing Process

The interview that comes to mind when I think of a quality experience would be with my current job at Rize Laboratories. First, the person who interviewed me was the company’s CEO,  representing that he was invested on the ground floor and hands-on. With the way that the interview was conducted, he did a great job establishing rapport with me and being prepared with all the information I could need as suggested by Lecture 4.  There was a small pre-existing relationship between us, and he had faith in my reliability through that, and the questions he asked were few, but more so just to assure my validity through content validity after a bit of training. During the interview, I was able to learn and understand more about both the position and the company as a whole. Afterward, they took me to a person who was in the same position as the one I was applying and I shadowed them for a bit. The whole experience made me feel confident that I knew was I was getting into, but it didn’t feel formal whatsoever.

If I could advise my employers on how to improve their interviews, I would definitely start off with the overall structure of the interview. I did feel very relaxed and comfortable, but it also wasn’t formal in the slightest. Lecture 4 also suggests that when conducting the interview, you should structure and prepare the interview so that they are consistent. This has since changed, as the HR manager manages interviews and has more structure, preparation, and activity in the interviewing process.