Capstone Progress

For my Capstone project I requested a business sponsored project. Luckily, I am on a team with two other very capable students. Our project is to take a prototype application from a Windows desktop application and move it to the cloud.

Unluckily, the sponsor has not been active in communicating with us. We had one live meeting in Teams where we were to decide if we wanted to have one team of six people or two teams of three, and we were given a short demonstration of the sponsor’s technology. We chose to have two teams of three. One team member sent the sponsor a detailed list of questions to which the sponsor responded, but that was it. That was on October 7. There has been no contact with the team since then from the sponsor, but we have been able to contact sponsor’s employees.

Once we got access to the sponsor’s codebase we got to work figuring out our respective roles in the project. Other than move the application to the could, we have not had much input about what exactly we are trying to accomplish. It seems to me that we are going well past the sponsor’s expectations. I have been spending way, way over 10 hours per week on this. Hopefully, this will decrease as we are now more familiar with the project. I enjoy a challenge and our project is challenging.