Benefits of Emergen-C

A previously mentioned in my last blog (see here), emergen-c is something I prefer to take every morning. This I feel truly boosts my immune system and helps me to feel like I’ve given my body the proper nutrients it needs for the start of my day.

The Numbers

According to Healthline.com, emergen-c contains more vitamin C than 10 oranges! The original emergen-c contains 35 calories, 6grams of sugars, 1,000 mg vitamin C of the Daily Value, 10mg of the DV for vitamin B6, and 25mcg of the DV for vitamin B12. Each serving of Emergen-C contains 1,000 mg of vitamin C, which is much more than the RDA of 90 mg per day for men and 75 mg per day for ladies. Emergen-C holds numerous B vitamins, counting thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic corrosive, pantothenic corrosive, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. B vitamins are required for our bodies so they can metabolize nourishment into vitality. Zinc as well is just as important as it is needed for the “normal development and function of immune cells”. And we all know that good ol vitamin D and how great that is for our body and needs! Which is also a huge feature in emergen-c.

Get in the Habit

Personally I find it really helps to create a routine for yourself that you follow religiously every morning to start forcing yourself to remember to take certain vitamins or doses of things so that you can better kick start your days. Specifically emergen-c is taken by a lot of people during the flu or cold seasons since it helps boost your immune system, but don’t feel shy to take it every and any day! There’s nothing wrong with taking safe amounts of vitamin C, D, or B. Webmd.com also speaks highly of such a powered substance saying “This medication is a multivitamin product used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet, certain illnesses, or during pregnancy. Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health”.

Try it! Try mixing up your morning routine. We all know that extra 30mins or even 5mins of sleep feels way better than just getting up earlier, but waking ourselves up and incorporating success into our lives before we even get in our cars or head to the bus stop to start that normal morning routine we become so used to.

A Healthy You is a Happy You!