Extra Credit HR Mgmt

Going into this test, I chose to take the Age test. I have always thought of myself as someone who did not have any bias’ against people due to their age. During and after taking the test, I felt as though the test set the participant up for failure. It was supposed to be fast paced and it showed great awareness to our quick reactions but I do not feel like that is an accurate representation of who I am even if it may have highlighted what it is like to have an implicit bias against people of different ages.

I think that even though I did not feel like it was a super accurate representation of me as a person or the way I think, I do recognize that it may have brought out some awareness to implicit biases that I have even if I do not think that.

These biases are things that can cause companies to discriminate against people who are applying for positions with them. I think that these are something that more awareness should be brought to so that employers do not let their personal perceptions or biases get in the way of their decision making and so that candidates who do not get discriminated against.

The main way to avoid these biases are to make sure the people are being educated and aware of their own biases and that they are taught to not let them get in the way of their decision making especially in interview type situations. Even if people do not feel like they have implicit biases, like I did, they should still take these tests and learn more about themselves like I was able to by taking this test.