SAGE by Wilson Christian Loga

I’ve done a few volunteering activities in the past like going at the Boys And Girls Club or visiting the elderly people at Stoneybrook.

I never heard about the Starker Arts Garden For Education but, from what I heard, they supply 3-4 tons of organically-grown produce to agencies and families all over Corvallis. My expectations, no matter the roles, are to go out there and have fun while participating in making the difference in the community. I’m eager to learn how they grow their foods and I’m not nervous because my teamates and I will get the job done.

Following the volunteering activity at the Starker Arts Garden For Education, I felt really amazing and I was filled with joy. I had the opportunity to, with a few classmates of mine, practice weeding. Also I participated on doing  the mulching activity which was very physically demanding because I had to fill up the wheelbarrow with a huge amount of mulch. I had the feeling of satisfaction on account of me doing exactly what was asked of me. I’d definitely do this activity again because I like to make a difference in the community and lend a hand to people in general.