Most Important Thing You’ve Learned

I think this is a tough question to answer because I feel like I am walking out of this class with more knowledge of the career that I am going into then any other class I have taken. I think the setting of how the year has been with all online classes has definitely impeded on my ability to learn but I have tried my best to stay engaged within these classes because they are interesting to me. I think the thing that is my biggest take away from this class would be our week 4 lectures on recruitment goals and strategy’s. I think this is something that is very interesting to me as I am going into recruitment after college and I think it is interesting to learn the different approaches and methods used in recruiting. I did not know there were so many forms of recruitment but when going through the slides and the lectures they are all ones that we see in our day to day lives. I think it is also interesting learning about the effectiveness of each type of recruitment and how they can be effective in different scenarios. I also thought it was interesting to see that you state the recruitment is a two way street because I think this is a very important case to be made because not only is a company recruiting for the right person but the person is wanting to be recruited to the right company for them. 

Thank you for this class, you have been one of my favorite professors throughout college because I really feel you are invested in the kids you teach and are willing to help them get the job they want and deserve. I feel this class are your other one I took gave me a lot of knowledge in the hiring process and made me a much better candite for when I applied to jobs.

One Reply to “Most Important Thing You’ve Learned”

1. Hey Ellen,
    I also thought it was hard to choose just one area to focus on as the most important thing I learned. I am also doing employee recruiting after I graduate. I almost wrote about the different methods of recruitment. It was very interesting to see how many different forms of recruitment there are and how often we actually see them. Nice post, and I wish you the best of luck after graduation!