Job Descriptions

My current job I hold, is the job I have chosen to talk about because it had a semi formal hiring process and I was able to find the actual job description that I have attached below. I am currently and have been for the last 3 terms an academic tutor for student athletes. I actually found out about this job through a few friends that had worked there for a few years before I had and I knew was something I would be interested in doing. After hearing from my friend that they were currently hiring I was able torch out to my now boss so I could learn more about the opportunity. After speaking with him he sent me the link to apply on the OSU job postings website and had me look over the description and qualifications. The description is not very long but it gave me a good idea of what would be expected from me. In a very broad manner it covers what I do but not in great detail. As you can see below I need to be available to work during the week, and need to be able to teach these student athletes a handful of classes that I have taken during my college career. I think the biggest difference is that there is actually two different jobs available under this listing and I have held both now, one being a tutor and another being a facilitator. In this job you are not expected to teach but instead run a study hall where you over see athletes do their homework.

https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/98275

One Reply to “Job Descriptions”

1. Hi Ellen,

Thanks for including the job description of your job, it’s very interesting to see! My job here at OSU didn’t have a job description that I could find, unfortunately. Do you think it could be confusing having two different positions underneath the same job description/application? Thanks for sharing!