Self Reflection

Being personable is something I’m good at. In school and through life, I’ve learned that people like other people who are similar to themselves or have similar interests. I definitely try my best when first meeting people I don’t quite know to make a connection somehow and relate to them as best as possible. From what I’ve learned in school, this is a great way to establish trust early on.

I value honesty and being a genuine person. It is very easy to tell when people truly value others or they are using them to gain something. I just recently signed a formal job offer to do sales, and sometimes it feels as though salespeople get a bad wrap. I feel that this is because there ARE plenty of people out there who are just money hungry, with no other motivating factor. I feel I will succeed in this role because i try to put my best foot forward and be honest with people while keeping their best intentions in mind.

I got where I am right now because I took some risks and worked hard when taking on some challenges that originally I had doubts about. i feel like for me, risk taking is one of the most important skills I’ve really began to fully understand since being in school and its helped me in so many aspects of life. I’ve taken risks in asking for a promotion at work, and got it, I took a risk of signing the lease for an apartment in Arizona before I had a job locked down, because I knew I would find a way to pay the bills no matter what. I work hard and take risks, and I think those two things have helped me to this point.

I am headed down the exact path in which I’ve seen myself following for a long time in terms of graduating school, landing a good job, moving around and experiencing new places, meeting new people, etc. I am headed down a path where I have no fear of what the future holds and I’m excited to be apart of every step along the journey to building a stable and successful future for myself, while also having some fun along the way.