The significance of inbound marketing for marketers

Hello, I’m Boyao, a graduate student in marketing from Oregon State University. In the class of MRKT 584, I chose to study inbound marketing knowledge and obtained certification. The following picture is my Inbound Marketing Certificate.

I would like to say that through this stage of learning, the impact on me is far-reaching. I not only gained rich knowledge of inbound marketing but also learned how to use this knowledge in my future career.

Today, I would like to introduce the significance of inbound marketing for marketers.

What is Inbound Marketing?

Inbound marketing is a business methodology that attracts customers by creating valuable content and experiences tailored to them. While outbound marketing interrupts your audience with content they don’t want, inbound marketing forms connections they’re looking for and solves problems they already have.

My personal experience in studying inbound Marketing

In fact, it took me about four weeks to complete the inbound marketing course. This course includes 17 videos, several quizzes, and the final exam. For me, all the contents of this course are brand-new, I am a person eager to learn new knowledge, and all the contents of this course are deeply loved by me. The lecturer patiently explained each knowledge point to the students and used animation and pictures to demonstrate the principle of the process. In general, I have gained a lot in this class. I am very grateful to MRKT 584 for this opportunity to enrich myself. People in every stage of learning will experience setbacks and failures, I also experienced these in the study of inbound marketing. In fact, from the initial definitions of funnels and flywheels to the buyer’s journey, I was confused. I know their definition, but when I think about how to use it in real life, I don’t know what to do. As a result, I repeatedly watch videos that I don’t understand and search for relevant materials in Google. In the end, I really understand how they all work through different examples. I don’t think there’s anything happier than getting new knowledge. On the road of learning, don’t be afraid to encounter difficulties and setbacks. The significance of life lies in continuous learning and progress.

Why inbound marketing is important for marketers?

Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes your company easy to be found, and draws customers into your overall message and business practices. Modern, up to date, effective marketers make their way into the hearts and minds of their customers.

In the study of inbound marketing, the most meaningful knowledge I get is the three strategies of inbound marketing: attracting strategy, engaging strategy, and delighting strategy. Customers who respond to these strategies are looking for products similar to what you’re selling, meaning that they’re closer to being qualified leads than those who have only been exposed to outbound marketing strategies.

Inbound marketing is extremely useful for marketers. Customers who respond to these strategies are looking for products similar to what you’re selling, meaning that they’re closer to being qualified leads than those who have only been exposed to outbound marketing strategies.

It allows for the building of long-term relationships since it’s based on the continuous delivery of information and the two-way nature of social media communication. This allows companies to build trust with potential clients until they are ready to make the leap and buy the product or service.

Due to its content-driven nature, inbound marketing allows the company to produce authoritative content that builds credibility in the marketplace and can provide potential consumers with the impression that the company is knowledgeable and able to help them.

On a scale of 1-5, I will undoubtedly recommend this class of inbound marketing to my classmates and friends with the possibility of 5 points, because there are many advantages of inbound marketing. First, inbound marketing can improve visibility and brand awareness. Second, inbound marketing can simplify sales and marketing. Third, inbound marketing can increase the company’s trust and credibility. Finally, inbound marketing can help companies generate high-quality traffic and potential customers.