Blog Post #1 – Luis Gonzalez

• Why did you choose to go into Computer Science?
    • As an engineer, I deal with real problems all the time that could be improved or solved using programming or automation. This inspired me to learn on my own how to code/program to solve these problems at work. The more I learned the more I liked it and the more problems I was able to solve at work. But I reached a point where google and youtube was just not enough and/or structured well enough for me to continue growing as a programmer, so I decided to enroll in this post-bacc degree. Now I am one class away from completing this degree.
  • Why did you choose the projects you did on the survey? What makes them interesting to you?
    • My top choice was AI coder. In today’s day, learning to use AI is turning to be more important and I want to learn how to leverage these technologies to help me build projects that I am interested in and see if these tools can also help me be more efficient at work. I have 3 kids and my time is very limited, so being able to learn about these AI tools as my final project is very exciting.
  • What do you hope to learn from your project?
    • I am not exactly sure what to expect, but I hope I can learn to extract the most out of these tools to become a more rounded software developer.
  • What do you hope to learn from the course?
    • My hope is that it will be a combination of several things, such as learning on my own, learning from my teammates and learning from my professors.
  • What type of person are you, in terms of a group dynamic?
    • I work very well as an individual contributor and team player. Given that I have a wife and 3 kids, I try to do most of my homework during the week so that I can try to spend quality time with my family on the weekend.
  • Are you worried about working in groups? If so, what do you plan to do to make this experience better?
    • My biggest concern is that I’m in a group where my teammates do most of their homework during the weekend and coordinating things during the weekend can be challenging for me. But to minimize this risk, I plan on tackling things early and over communicate progress and concerns during the week so that I can minimize my coordination on the weekend

One response to “Blog Post #1 – Luis Gonzalez”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.