Week 5 – Blog Post

Week 5 has come and gone, and it feels like it’s been a blur this week. Midterms are in full swing for most of my classes and I can feel the middle of the term fatigue begin to set in as the cold also starts to creep its way in as well. But regardless, I feel like I am doing alright in my classes thus far at least. The coming election weighs heavily on my mind too, and I’m a bit worried about how things are going to turn out.

In my Intro to Computer Graphics course, I managed to pull out a 92% on my midterm which I’m quite happy with, thankfully I have been doing well in that course, especially since it will be integral to my capstone project. My team for the capstone project has been rather quiet this week, though that too is probably due to the extra pressure of classes with major tests this week. Next week we’ll reconvene with Professor Bailey to discuss our project again. I look forward to seeing what happens in the coming weeks, though I hope my workload doesn’t spike too much, as I have a lot to deal with in my personal life right now as well. 2020 is the year that never stops giving apparently, though nobody wants what it has to give.

As a technology aside, I was recently thinking about additive and subtractive color recently due to my CS450 class and thinking about how primary school only focuses on one aspect of color mixing. I wonder why (at least for me) the differences between the two weren’t brought up earlier in my schooling career, as it seems like a pretty interesting topic of how colors mix with light versus with dyes. I actually managed to have an interesting conversation with a friend about that (which might say something about me and my friend and what we quantify as interesting) but it was neat to be able to have a discussion about something I’m dealing within one of my CS courses at least.