Quarter 2

Capstone Quarter 2

This is the first blog since the previous quarter so I’ll summarize the previous quarter quickly. The first quarter in this project was all about documentation, figuring out project details and requirements, and getting to know the group that I will be working with for the rest of the project. Now that we are in the second phase of the project, we will be working on code for the project as a team. So far, we have set up a task board using Trello, and divided the project requirements into accomplishable tasks in order to give our project direction. There was plenty of confusion at first (we didn’t set up the task board properly the first time) and it has been fairly slow-coming for now, but hopefully as we get into the groove of things we will be able to pick up the pace and start getting some serious work done. I am currently still playing around with Unity to try and learn how everything works and while learning how to use a new tool is difficult, I think I can at least produce recognizable results already so I am excited to continue working on it. The involvement of turning drawings into game objects is a little intimidating since it seems like the most difficult part of the project, but I’m sure that once we get working it will come together nicely. Hopefully there are sources that we can reference or find assistance from in online forums, YouTube, etc., but that part of the project is still a little bit away since we have to lay the ground work first.