Due to feedback from customers that a 90 minute appointment is too long for them, and from technicians that most placements do not take 90 minutes, we have made the following changes:
- In Interview, the default appointment placement length is now 60 minutes.
- The technician who does the interview may specify a different appointment length as needed. (See On Campus Interviews.)
- The email response template notifying customers that they need to call us to schedule their placement no longer says how long the appointment will be. We can discuss that with them on the phone when scheduling the appointment.
If customers balk at a long appointment time, we can tell them that they really only need to be available for the first 30 minutes, but the technician may need longer to complete their setup. In such cases, we may miss some items, so it is preferable that they are available for the entire appointment. However, we can work around their schedule as needed.
Upcoming Change to note:
Many placements are pre-scheduled at the time we pick up the computer and do the interview, typically for 5 business days out. However, pre-scheduling the placement is not always possible. In the near future, BuildTracker/Interview will be updated to indicate the reason a placement was NOT pre-scheduled.
Example reasons to NOT pre-schedule placement include:
- Extension customer (computer is shipped to them by Lisa Gillis, or picked up from Milne instead).
- End-user not available to schedule placement.
- Hardware issues may delay rebuild/repair.
- Malware issues may delay rebuild/repair.