Today at 1:00-1:30pm, we will be moving most** Community Network wireless registrations in Cyder to a single container called “CN-Wireless”.
This is a house-keeping change only. No changes are being made to any of the CN wireless registrations and there will be no impact to customers.
FYI, these registrations allow hosts to connect to OSU_Access and bypass the captive portal. They have no impact on connectivity to OSU_Secure, eduroam or the wired network.
Reason for this change: Community Network has a LOT of legacy containers in Cyder. Most wired device registrations are now in one of a short list of new core containers. When we moved CN customers to the new core, the wireless registrations were left behind in the legacy containers. The change today will allow us to start cleaning up the old containers to simplify the process of registering new CN devices and simplify management of technician access in Cyder.
Current “new core” CN containers in Cyder:
- zone.cn – community network staff and faculty
- zone.cn_irs – Security domain CN-IRS_W
- zone.cn_mcc – Community Network in Milne Computer Center
- zone.cn_outreach – Community Networks Clients in CN-Outreach_W Security Domain
- zone.cn_printers – Devices on CN-Prntr_S
- zone.cn_pubsafety – For clients in the CN-PubSafety_W security domain
- zone.cn_secdev – Devices on SecDev-WebCam_H
- zone.cn_studentadmin – Devices on CN-StudentAdmin_W security domain.
- zone.cn_univadmin – This zone is for clients in the CN-UnivAdmin_W security domain.
* * Note: no changes are being made to the Extension/AES containers in Cyder. Also, at this time systems that have dual registrations (wired and wireless) will not be moved.