TeamDynamix Knowledge Base
We will be making some changes soon to the KB permissions on the technician security role to allow teams outside of the Service Desk to have view-only access.
Service Desk technicians will NOT have the ability to edit articles at this time, but can provide feedback on articles by clicking “Yes” or “No” next to “Was this helpful?” and entering a comment. I will be reviewing feedback comments daily.
Some of you are frequent contributors and editors in the KB; I will be following up with you in person soon about these changes.
TeamDynamix “MyWork” Removal
For Service Desk employees, the MyWork application in TeamDynamix will be removed soon. We may add this application back at a later date, but at this time it is preferred that you use either the “IT” application or a Desktop to view tickets.
We did not train on the MyWork application, and there has been some confusion about how it works. If you were using MyWork, please talk to Kirsten.
Using Box to Backup User Data
Steve Fowler has added an FAQ item with some recommendations on using Box as a backup tool for personal files.
http://box.oregonstate.edu/support-box-faq – See “Is Box a Backup Solution?”
When customers bring their devices to the Walkup for repair or reinstall, we should first help them get their data in a safe place, and Box is a good option. Please remind students that their access to Box goes away when they leave the university and their ONID account is removed.
CN customers may also use Box to store files they would normally have placed on their computer or on their P: drive. (Box is not a replacement for the P: drive; it is an additional service that they may use and is preferred to local-only storage.)
The Box FAQ also covers file size limits and security restrictions.
New Knowledge Base Articles
New technician articles added to TeamDynamix:
- New “Malware Response Workflow” diagram has been added – please see the attached PDF on the in-progress document Malware Response Process. The workflow will be printed and posted in the call center soon, and replaces the old “Incident Workflow” document. (Thank you Sam!)
- Article 30644: How to join or rejoin a computer to the domain
- Article 30671: How to enable a disabled computer in AD (Thank you Robin!)
- Article 29937: ODBC Connection Setup (Thank you Pat!)
- Article 29898: EZ Split Install (Thank you Pat!)
New customer articles added to Community Network Tech Tips:
- Backup Your Mac using Time Machine (Thank you Ken!)
- Encrypt Your Mac using FileVault (Thank you Ken!)