Helpdoc posted about it
Directory User Principal Names (UPN), student primary email addresses, and UPN updates for a subset of other users. It is anticipated that the set of changes will take approximately 12 hours on that date.
A summary of what is changing is as follows
- Google Principal Name (GPN) will change for all ONID accounts from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (The GPN is what you type at Google to login/be redirected back to OSU)
- Primary email for Google ONID mail users will change from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (The @onid addresses will still deliver)
- Banner ONID email address type will be updated from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (This flows through to LDAP / directory.oregonstate.edu / Address Book)
- New ONID accounts will set firstname.lastname@example.org as the primary email address and email@example.com as the UPN (The @onid addresses will still be issued as secondary, for now)
- UPNs on ONID accounts for all students will be set to firstname.lastname@example.org
o If a graduate student account is pending unification and the UPN has already been assigned to the non-ONID account, no account update will occur.
- UPN on ONID accounts for Employee & Associates that are located in the ONID OU in AD and do NOT have an existing identity match (PIDM) will be set to email@example.com