Maggie Aderin-Pocock: Space Scientist

Though I researched several different women in technology/science, Maggie Aderin-Pocock really intrigued me! I have hardly ever head the term ‘space scientist’, and I am excited to learn more.

She was born in London to Nigerian parents in 1968, so both her ethnicity and her birthplace are foreign to me. Even though the excelled in math and science in school, she also suffered from dyslexia. Because of this, educators tried to persuade her away from the science field…but she wouldn’t be deterred!

Maggie Aderin-Pocock is most recognized for building/designing space exploration instruments. Furthermore, she is a Honary Research Associate UCL Department of Physics and Astronomy. Lastly, Aderin-Pocock co-presents The Sky at Night, an astronomy television show.

Because she is still living, it would be possible to contact her. However, because she is such a well pronounced figure, it would probably take some hard work and perseverance.

I tried using the different helpful sights in the instructions, but after I knew I wanted to research someone in astronomy I merely Googled female astronomers.

This entry was posted in Cultural Research. Bookmark the permalink.