To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student or alum and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now. Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations.
|Desired Start Date||June 4, 2012||Approximate Hours Per Week||45-60|
|Travel Percentage||No Travel|
Edward Jones PASS Program
Are you interested in working in the world of investments and financial services with an established and growing firm that puts client service, communication and or marketing skills to work? Do you want to make a significant impact on other people’s lives? Do you want the freedom to build your own business anywhere in U.S? Do you want unlimited earning potential? If so, the Edward Jones PASS Program may be a great opportunity for you.
College graduates can join Edward Jones as a Financial Advisor through a unique 9-month training program designed specifically for individuals with less than three years of professional work experience. After your training, you’ll build your business while earning your own branch office and get to plan your own day, every day. Excelling as a Financial Advisor at Edward Jones doesn’t require a finance degree or financial background. We provide all the training you need, regardless of your area of study, although a financial background and Bachelor degree is preferred.
Unique training designed specifically for recent college graduates
• Spend two months at home studying for your securities registration before relocating to St. Louis, MO or Tempe, AZ for seven months of comprehensive training.
• Be a part of a training class of peers from across the country that will learn together the role of a Financial Advisor and how to build a successful business. New classes begin on a monthly basis.
• Gain a strong foundation and confidence of products and services offered by Edward Jones through in-depth classroom training and extensive role plays.
• Spend two weeks in the location where you would like to build your business and utilize your skills learned in training to familiarize yourself with making face-to-face contacts.
• Receive one-on-one coaching from former Financial Advisors as you make proactive contacts to existing Edward Jones clients and earn commissions based on your production.
• Opportunity to manage assets from several branch offices and provide support to real clients while being coached by your leader during the final two months of the program.
• Graduates of the program relocate to their desired community with confidence and the competencies to successfully build their own career.
Benefits of the Financial Advisor opportunity:
• Make a difference in the lives of your clients and help them achieve their long-term financial goals.
• Earn your own neighborhood office.
• Opportunity to be a Leader in the community of your choice.
• Working for a company consistently recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in America”.
What are some of the skills it takes to be successful?
• Be persistent & diligent in your work
• Be honest, ethical, and compliant
• Build rapport & relationships and have the ability to relate to all kinds of people
• Believe in yourself and your abilities; optimistic when facing challenges
• Have a clear vision of your future and what it will take to get there
• Continually learning and developing self
What are the types of candidates we looking for?
We look for all types of majors such as Communications, Business, Marketing, Finance and Economics. Candidates should have excellent client service, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership and teamwork skills. Relevant experience and leadership or participation in student organizations is a plus.
Edward Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please visit our website at www.careers.edwardjones .com or Jennifer.Cowan@edwardjones.com
|Name:||Mrs. Jennifer Cowan|
|Title:||Talent Acquisition Recruiter|
|Address:||130 Edward Jones Blvd
St. Louis , MO
63043 United States
I found this job posting on Google and while I’m not in charge of hiring for this position, I love the state of Oregon and I’m glad to see OSU career center as a partner of Edward Jones. Keep up the good work!
Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is really irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.