Another Day, Another Blog (Blog Post #2)

Here we go again, another round of blog posts to reign in the 5th week of the term. And similar to the last blog, I’m at a loss of words (and thoughts) on what to discuss. I guess I’ll roll right into how the capstone project is going? Yeah, that seems like a solid angle.

And the verdict says: everything’s been good! I was admittedly nervous going into the project, not knowing what project I’d land, who I’d work on the project with, and the temperament of the people I’d be collaborating with, but I very well may have landed the perfect situation. I love the project itself, a social media app around connecting and collaborating with musicians called Jam Session, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the people I’m working on the project with, where both have been extremely friendly, accommodating, ambitious, and generally fun to collaborate on a larger project with. Honestly would struggle even thinking about something to complain about regarding any factor of the capstone project.

I’m really not sure what else could or should be mentioned here. May be worth noting the overall skills and research that this project has called for, and how that’s felt empowering to some extent where this level of problem-solving and learning feels like it can be directly applied to a job. Prior to this course, there was a lot of questioning whether I’d be ready for the workforce with the amount of material I’ve picked up from the postbacc program but I’m feeling a lot more comfortable and confident after having worked on this capstone project for a few weeks.