Blog Post #2

The team and I have made steady progress in how we want to implement our Cross-platform Personal Trainer App. We have a list of 12 functional areas that we’re hoping to implement to build out our app. We’ve divvied them out amongst ourselves and I will be primarily responsible for the In-App Tutorials and Guides, the Health Education Library, and User Feedback and Bug Reporting. We will be building our app through a combination of React, Node.js, MySQL, Python, TensorFlow, and Ajax. So far our team has done a good job working together to make sure we’re staying on top of our assignments. Communicating through Teams and collaborating on Google Docs and GitHub have worked well for us. The first half of the term has primarily been spent researching and planning what we’re hoping to implement. Now we’re finally digging into the code and developing our first functional prototype. I’m a bit nervous as it’s my first time developing a mobile app but I’m excited to continue learning and developing my skills.

It has been challenging at times to balance all of my various coding assignments, full-time job, and other duties at home. To manage my stress, I try to run on the treadmill as often as I can. I’ve also recently discovered that meditation helps me reduce my anxiety, so my goal is to meditate at least once a day. I sometimes do guided or unguided meditations using the Expand and Insight Timer apps. They’re free in the app store so I recommend giving them a try if meditation is something you’re interested in! One last way that I relieve my stress is by playing with my dogs Bailey and Buddy. They can be a handful sometimes, but chasing them around the yard or playing tug with one of their toys can be a lot of fun. Taking them for walks or to the dog park gets me out of the house and I’m always grateful for the fresh air and break from the grind.

That’s all for this week. My next post will provide an update on v0.0.1 and how we’ve progressed in implementing our 12 functional areas. Thank you for reading!