Kim Tran (’20) attends IPhO National Meeting

“I had the opportunity to attend the first annual Industry Pharmacists Organization National Student Meeting in New Jersey as the west coast representative. Through numerous informational interviews and presentations, I was able to learn about the different functional areas within industry, and it was inspiring to hear about everyone’s contributions toward global health and improving patient outcomes. The National Student Meeting also featured a fellowship showcase, and although it was not comparable in size to the residency/fellowship showcases at ASHP Midyear, it provided an intimate space for students to learn about the different fellowship programs available. More importantly, it allowed students to network with other students and current fellows – our future bosses, clients, and colleagues! Despite the constant negativity the pharmacy landscape has been receiving in the media lately, I left this meeting feeling inspired to move pharmacy forward and be the change I want to see in the world!”