Over the weekend of April 28-30, 2017, OSU College of Pharmacy alumni, students, and faculty participated in the Oregon Health Systems Pharmacists (OSHP) Annual Seminar at Salishan Resort in Gleneden Beach, OR. The event offered Continuing Education covering relevant information on topics such as infectious disease and management in ambulatory care.
Students at OSU College of Pharmacy Booth (Left to Right: P3s, Young Yoon Ham and Kayla Burnette, and P4s Thi Nguyen, Victor Tran, and Colin Fahey)
OSU College of Pharmacy student, Victor Tran (’17) explains his poster during the OSHP Annual Seminar Poster Showcase
Many OSU College of Pharmacy alumni, faculty and current students gave presentations at the seminar.
- Kristina Butler (’96), PharmD, BCACP, FASHP, FOSHP spoke about Practice Makes Perfect: Practice Management in Ambulatory Care
- Ben Kong, (’12) PharmD, BCPS presented onNature vs. Nuture…vs. Machine? A Brief Introduction to Clinical Pharmacogenetics
- OSU College of Pharmacy Assistant Dean of Experiential Programs, Juancho Ramirez, Pharm.D. presented Does Your Learner Have Grit? with Anita Jafari Cleven (’07)
- Current OSU College of Pharmacy students, Colin Fahey (’17) and Thi Nguyen (’17) presented a poster together Involvement of Pharmacy in Admission and Discharge Medication Review to Improve Patient Outcomes in the Inpatient Setting
- Amanda Unrau (’15), Pharm.D. also presented a poster Review of Patients on Antipsychotic Medications Potentially Unmonitored for Metabolic Side Effects Identified by the Psychotropic Drug Safety Initiative (PDsi) Database at a Rural Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center
- Rebecca Britton (’06), Pharm.D., BCPS spoke about Creating a Personal Development Plan: What Color was that Parachute?
- Both Marina Suzuki (’10), Pharm.D., PhD, BCPS, BCACP and Paulina Nguyen (’16), Pharm.D., MBA were part of the Clinical Pearls presentations.
- OSU College of Pharmacy Faculty members Craig Williams, Pharm.D., BCPS, FNLA and Megan Herink, Pharm.D., BCPS presented together about What’s New in Cardiology: 3 Cases that Highlight New Studies
Presenters, Dr. Craig Williams and Dr. Megan Herink, both of OSU College of Pharmacy, after their presentation at OSHP Annual Seminar, with OSU/OHSU College of Pharmacy residents, Melissa Smith, PharmD and Kim Vo, PharmD
During the seminar, OSHP held the 2017 Silent Auction Awards Program where they announced the 2017-2018 OSHP Board of Directors.
2017-2018 Incoming OSHP Board of Directors
OSU College of Pharmacy Alumni, Daniel Rackham (’08) was named President. OSU College of Pharmacy student, Shannon O’Leary (’19) was named OSU Student Chapter President.