2016-2017 Student Coordinator Application
Currently, we are not hiring student coordinators. Apply here. Please contact us at (541) 737-9428 if you’re interested in becoming a student coordinator now or in the future.
Beaver Hangouts Student Coordinators are a team of dedicated College Access Coaches that will assist the College Access Coordinators with Beaver Hangouts programming and activities. These tasks will include lesson plan development, student recruitment, overseeing sessions, and other administrative tasks.
To be considered as a Beaver Hangouts Student Coordinator you must meet the following requirements:
• Completed at least one term as a College Access Coach with Beaver Hangouts
• Demonstrate dedication and commitment to the program and your classroom
• Have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Willing to be flexible and work with peers and OSU staff
As a Beaver Hangouts Student Coordinator you must commit to one term, working approximately 2-5 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible but preference will be given to coaches that can complete some of their hours between 8am and 5pm.
You will be assigned to one or more of these tasks:
Lesson Plan Development
- Research and create new activities for lesson plans
- Levels include: elementary, middle, and high school
Recruitment and Training
- Assist with College Access Coach Recruitment
- Give short presentations and reach out to student clubs, organizations, and relevant classes.
- Develop promotional items such as flyers, brochures, and website content
- Develop activities for training sessions
- Assist with bi-weekly meetings to teach lesson plans, brainstorm ideas, and facilitate reflection
- Create and edit videos to recruit new coaches and classrooms
- Update social media content
Oversee Beaver Hangouts Sessions
- Answer content questions that come up during sessions
- Troubleshoot technology issues
Starting pay is $9.50/hour