The beginning of first sprint

Since the last post, much headway has been made as it pertains to establishing the development timeline and structure of this term’s Capstone project, which turned out to be the Crowd Sourced Travel Planner Web Application. My group (consisting of three people) decided on a Python Flask-based web app, which myself and another teammate had prior experience with in CS 340 (Introduction to Databases). As a student who entered Oregon State as part of the Python cohort, I found myself apt in understanding how routes, templates, and SQL statements interacted with one another. However, there were aspects of the planned Capstone web application that I was not exposed to prior, and the Bootstrap library was one of them. Nevertheless, as a student developer, getting familiar with new frameworks and libraries serves as a great learning experience, especially within a team environment.

The third teammate (who has not used Flask before) has made great progress in implementing registration and login site functionality, of which I plan to build off of within the duration of the first sprint, specifically as it pertains to the implementation of presenting landing page information for logged in and logged out users. For instance, a logged in user may be presented with that specific user’s created Trips and Experiences in addition with top rated selections.

Currently, the web app database implementation is stored locally via SQLite for preliminary testing purposes, with planned future implementation utilizing MySQL or PostgreSQL. In total, I feel that the general file structure and organization of the Capstone project has been communicated clearly, setting the foundation for effective implementation of listed features within our Project Plan.