Every month is the safety month for the kid’s eye health due to the COVID-19 pandemic season. It is time to become serious to protect student vision. Due to the increasing use of electronic devices, several kids are getting the experience of the universal threat of digital eye strain.
Almost all of you get the experience of blurry vision, dry eyes, neck aches, and headaches while using electronic devices. Besides, you take a couple of hours to use electronics continuously. Digital eye strain or computer vision syndrome can affect almost anyone’s vision even if they don’t use a computer but watch TV, tablets, smartphones, and many more digital devices. The main issue with virtual students is that they have to spend their most time using a computer in school time than those students who go to the brick-and-mortar school. Therefore, they get the experience of eye fatigue than off-line schools. Well, virtual students never spend their entire time looking at the screen because they have taken out some time to read, take a break, learning activities, and even participate in extracurricular activities as well.
So, from today, order Glasses online with blue blocker lenses to avoid eye strain. Coaches and parents should try such kinds of different techniques.
How to Make Virtual Classroom Eye-Friendly:
For a virtual classroom, first of all, you have to evaluate it. Several adjustments can make in the room.
- Keep room light hazy than computer screen so that glare can decrease and students can easily see on the screen.
- Increase the contrast and put down the brightness of the screen.
- Measure the distance between student and screen, and it should be 20” to 30” away.
- Adjust the screen to that angle that there should be no tilt, and its position should below eye level.
- Make sure that the computer screen has a high resolution.
Adjust color setting through an app, and it would better to download it if a student does school work very close to the screen. The blue rays emitted through the computer screen can affect the regulation of melatonin production. Particularly, it will disturb your sleeping rhythm if you use too much screen during bedtime. For computers and laptops, flux can automatically adjust the color scheme to eliminate the effects of blue light wavelength. The same app can apply to Apple devices, but Android can use the same apps like Lux Lite and Twilight as well.
Rules of eye safety for the digital screen:
Now the step is to give awareness to the students and help them to make eye safety habits.
- Make time limits for digital gadgets for recreational purposes. Because that will help to decrease the digital distraction in the daytime, and even it can prevent students from digital eye strain as well.
- Make a schedule that should be eye-friendly. Break the school time for different activities like exercise, reading, or lunchtime.
- Students should follow the 20-20-20 rule, and that is after every 20 minutes, take a break from a computer screen for 20 seconds, and the screen should be at a distance of 20 feet away.
- Zoom in in case of small text, and you can easily do this with the shortcut keys. Wear sunglasses for women if they are stepping outside in the bright light.
- Clean computer screen properly once per week.
- Use ergonomic position when you are sitting in front of a computer screen. It means your feet should be flat on the floor, relaxed shoulder, support for the lower back, and arms should at a right angle on the keyboard.
- Avoid digital gadgets before bed and keep away from the devices for two hours before going to bed.